Europa Super League: Barcelona, ​​Real Madrid and Juventus ‘continue with plans’


0

Real Madrid, Juventus and Barcelona
Real Madrid, Juventus and Barcelona say they are pleased that “they will no longer be exposed to constant UEFA threats”

Barcelona, ​​Real Madrid and Juventus say they will continue with plans for the European Super League, claiming that they have successfully fought against any UEFA penalty.

A joint statement from the three clubs said a decision by a Madrid court on Friday meant that the governing body of European football had an “obligation” to end disciplinary proceedings against them.

Uefa suspended the action in June when the case was forwarded to the European Court of Justice.

Twelve clubs announced themselves as the founder of the Super League in April, but the proposed breakaway competition failed within 72 hours after nine withdrew amid protests from fans, opposition from Uefa, Fife and domestic leagues, as well as the British government and the royal family.

Juve, Barca and Real are the only sides that have not given up the breakaway league and have reiterated their intention to “continue to develop the Super League project”.

‘Confidence in ESL remains’

Chelsea fans protested against the European Super League
English football fans, including Chelsea fans, protested against their participation in the Europa League

They added that they intend to do so by working with governing bodies, leagues, fans, players, managers and clubs – all stakeholders who opposed the secession of the competition when it was first announced.

“Clubs participating in European competitions have the right to manage their own competitions,” the clubs continued in a statement.

“We are pleased that we will no longer be exposed to UEFA’s constant threats in the future.

“We are aware that there are elements of our proposal that need to be considered and, of course, can be improved through dialogue and consensus.

“We remain confident in the success of the project, which will always comply with European Union law.”

Uefa refused to respond to the statement of the three clubs.

Real Madrid president Florentino Perez, who has been named the founder of the ESL, said earlier that the 12 clubs that agreed to join the new European Super League have “binding contracts” and “cannot leave”.

Uefa has ordered “actions to be relaxed” against the clubs

Nine who distanced themselves – Manchester City, Chelsea, Manchester United, Liverpool, Arsenal, Tottenham, Inter Milan, AC Milan and Atletico Madrid – were fined by Uefa in May.

Six Premier League clubs have also agreed to separate “goodwill” payment totaling £ 22 million in June.

The remaining three say European football’s governing body must now “dismiss the actions taken against all” parties involved in the ESL.

“The court supports the request made by the promoters of the European Super League, rejects Uefa’s appeal and confirms Uefa’s warning that non-compliance with its verdict will result in fines and potential criminal liability,” the clubs said.

“The case will be assessed by the European Court of Justice in Luxembourg, which will review Uefa’s monopolistic position on European football.”


Like it? Share with your friends!

0

What's Your Reaction?

hate hate
0
hate
confused confused
0
confused
fail fail
0
fail
fun fun
0
fun
geeky geeky
0
geeky
love love
0
love
lol lol
0
lol
omg omg
0
omg
win win
0
win
Stacy

0 Comments

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *