A statement from the rebel-led interior minister said at least 11 men from the security forces had been detained over the incident, along with a number of senior officials to be tried in court.
The migrant community in Sanaa has requested an international investigation into the tragedy, a request backed by international rights groups.
About 900 migrants, most from Ethiopia, were detained at the facility – including more than 350 at the hangar. The website was operated by a passport and naturalization body.
At least 45 people were killed on March 7, the rebels said, including one who died early Friday. More than 200 others were injured.
Migrants protested and went on hunger strike against alleged ill-treatment and ill-treatment in detention, against survivors and local rights activists.
Insurgents claimed on Saturday that migrants were protesting to put pressure on the International Organization for Migration to relocate them.
Despite its six-year-old civil war, Yemen remains a transit point for tens of thousands of African migrants desperately looking for jobs as domestic helpers, servants and construction workers in Saudi Arabia.
Copyright 2021 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, transcribed or distributed without permission.